SCREENTIME HELP!!!Aug 22, 2021
Screentime. Oh Screentime. SO many discussions, worries, stressors center around are my kids getting too much screentime? What else should I be doing? Is screentime really that bad?? We have some answers for you all!! It completely depends on HOW screentime is utilized.
WHAT TO AVOID WITH SCREENTIME
We want to avoid overstimulation
Lots of the shows are designed to hold our child's attention for an unnaturally long period of time
Especially those shows with fast scene changes, bright vivid colours, and flashing lights, lots of noises
HOW TO SEE IF THEY ARE OVERSTIMULATED
If you call their name a few times, try to ask a question, their eyes are fixated on the show, they are overstimulated
SIGNS OF A GOOD SHOW
The ability to look away, answers questions, talk about the show
SIGNS OF A QUALITY KIDS SHOW
- naturally paced
-only one or 2 sounds at once
-modelling appropriate social and emotional skills
Join our complete ALL THINGS SCREENTIME WORKSHOP TO GET:
- We will give you the tools and the script to help you prevent those screentime meltdowns!!
- We are going to dive MORE into what makes a show a high quality show, and then what makes a show a low quality show that you may want to avoid
- Tablet vs TV vs Facetime?? Is there a difference??
- What are your show recommendations??
- Can it cause a speech delay?? What about background TV??
- We are going to take a hard look at the research and examine it through a critical lens. Is screentime really that bad?!?!
- I will elaborate more of our Cocomelon detox and why we did it and if we are still watching Cocomelon.
Join MamaPsych Membership Now. We will take you from exhausted to empowered
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.